Our Audit Support services are available on-demand, as required, and exactly when you need them. DMA partners with your team to assist you in the audit process. Services include:
- Identifying tax recovery opportunities to help offset liabilities, effectively reducing any penalty and interest that may be assessed in an audit. In many instances, DMA’s identification of credits can result in an overall net refund for the audit period.
- Reviewing items assessed by the auditor in the audit work papers to determine if reductions to the current assessment are available.
- Evaluating the sampling methodologies utilized within the audit to identify where there are potential risks and any methods employed that are advantageous to our clients.
- Assisting with articulating tax positions to auditors and tax agency resolution resources to efficiently, effectively, and most importantly, respectfully, obtain a satisfactory result for our clients.
- Educating your tax department resources on the root cause of errors.
- Recommending solutions to reduce tax liability based on industry best practices and leveraging emerging technologies.
What if you need help with more than just one or two items in the audit process? Not to worry—DMA’s tax professionals have the expertise to deliver a customized solution.